Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pacific NW-News Service Since 1992



Dear SANTA,
I am blessed. I have a wonderful man in my life who brings me great joy, laughter, and love. I do not need you to visit here; however, I saw a young child, I think with her young mum, that is sorely in need of a warm belly, a safe place to spend the night, a new coat, and if one can be procured, a dolly just her size.
In another place I saw a young man holding a sign: will work for food, new babe at home.
How easy it is to ask for things I do not need while human beings all around me are forced day in and day out to do the impossible: keep a family fed despite no job, address, or real place to call home.
I didn't cause it, but I am shamed to admit I avert my eyes and pretend they do not exist.
I have forgotten those days, to know hunger and filth better than my own neighbor.
I, too, have been homeless and was completely relying on the good hearted people I did not know. That's how I learned, 'Yes, Kathy Meader, there is a SANTA Clause, and many, many angels.
How many looked at me before they looked away?
So, Santa, should you make a stop here, please know that I have what I want. In this season of miracles, please provide coats, homes, jobs, and a toy for the children deeply affected. And may guardian angels warm them with love....most of all, after seeing the despair, and the who will walk walk away, please give out hope. Thank your


Editor Bob Shannon since 1992 online

Assistant Editor Ron Rattray, Grand Forks BC Canada Aggregator/Photographer Regular contributors, Kathy Meader, Cheney, WACanadian Photographic Editor Rick Price Since 1992 on the Internet Electric Magazine BBS © since 1982
RonRattray
Photo: Police and community members in Cheney are trying to locate 15-year-old Jacquelynne "Jackie" Doucette. Cheney Police tell KHQ they are investigating the incident as a runaway.

This little girl is missing from Cheney. She has not been seen or heard from since Thanksgiving night. Some of us in Cheney are meeting at Sutton Park at 1pm to try to search for her in the nearby woods and fields. If you could please pass the information on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Young Soccer Player

5 free things to do in Spokane, Washington
The Daily News Online
Riverfront Park is the crown jewel of Spokane, Washington's extensive parks system. The park was the site of the 1974 World's Fair. 

Will Earnest

Very proud of the republic Tigers!! It was a great season and all of you guys that are on or a part of the team should be proud of yourselves. Thank you to the volunteer coaches for all your hard work and support! Thank you coach Wilson for you dedication to the team as well It was a good season! And congrats to my husband chris Chris Burch for another season in the books!  


Thank you Republic for a great time at the Tree Lighting & Caroling this evening! Enjoyed the singing, laughs, and community Christmas spirit! The hot cocoa and cider was a welcome treat on this cold cold night as well! Merry Christmas Republic ~ Dan and Deanna Campbell!
Rick Price


A three-year study will begin this summer on Bighorn Reservoir to try to determine the source of high mercury levels in the lake’s fish.
“The U.S. Geological Survey is doing a similar study on Lake Powell in Utah and Arizona,” said Dave Naftz, research hydrologist for the USGS in Helena. “Lake Powell has some similar issues as Bighorn Canyon.”
Bighorn Reservoir is within the boundaries of the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, operated by the Park Service. The 120,300-acre reservoir that crosses the Montana-Wyoming border rivals Lake Powell for its scenic cliffs amid a desert-like setting.
The USGS study of Bighorn Reservoir was initiated because a 2004 study found the lake had the third-highest mercury levels of 520 fish samples analyzed nationwide.
Bob Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment