Monday, January 26, 2015

Pacific NW NEWS Service

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


US Parks Service Image

 

 

Former CIA officer convicted in leak case
A former CIA officer involved in a highly secretive operation to give faulty nuclear plans to Iran was convicted Monday of giving classified information about his work to a New York Times reporter and author. Jeffrey Sterling, 47, was convicted of nine counts of unauthorized disclosure of national defense information and other related charges for leaking materials that prosecutors said put lives at risk and compromised one of the U.S. government’s few mechanisms to deter Iran’s nuclear aspirations.

 

 

Hi All - Dave here from Ferry County Connections.
Our office is looking for donations of clean and useable mattresses/box springs, BLANKETS (twin, full, queen), fry pans and pots, kitchen knives/utensils, household furniture.
All items will be used to help clients setup new residences. Please call Connections at 775-3331.

 

  1. Gov. Christie wants New Jerseyans to be cautious and prepared

  2. Jan 26, 2015 7:32 PM EST / Megan Specia
  3. Despite the fact that New Jersey has still not issued a mandatory travel ban, Governor Chris Christie urged state residents to be safely in their homes from 9 p.m. onwards Monday night, when the blizzard is expected to be at its worst.Christie warned New Jersey residents to be prepared for power outages and have food supplies and flashlights at the ready

 

Cascadia Subduction Zone
1700 01 26
Magnitude ~9

This earthquake, the largest known to have occurred in the "lower 48" United States, rocked Cascadia, a region 600 miles long that includes northern California, Oregon, Washington, and southern British Columbia. The earthquake set off a tsunami that not only struck Cascadia's Pacific coast, but also crossed the Pacific Ocean to Japan, where it damaged coastal villages. Written records of the damage in Japan pinpoint the earthquake to the evening of January 26, 1700.

The M9 Cascadia Megathrust Earthquake of January 26, 1700


I know everybody likes to hear about the news and I know everybody likes to see if you knew the truth. Pictures are the main draw here. Pictures that people like you took. And an off a lot of pictures that I took. Then we have our good friend Kathy, Rick and Ron. Those fellows are the real pros. I'm just the photo editor.I never had the chance in all my years to edit photographs for a newspaper weather online or in print. It is not too hard of a job when you have a good photographers like that bunch. They make me look good as an editor.

There is a definite lack of pictures this time. I had a full plate of laboratory work to be done on this old body. Took the biggest part of the day.trying to dodge the flu bug that's going around Washington state proves to be a real task. Having had Guillain Barre, I am not supposed to get a flu shot say the doctors. Additionally I am not supposed to get the flu. Normally I do this update from my laptop. Today I am doing it laying down in my bed. Today's entrée was a kidney scan. Space. Don't ask why. It's a long story. Tomorrow is another day of testing. I will try to get more pictures in tomorrow and not talk so much about relatively nothing.

I am really hoping that warmer weather coming with spring only a few weeks away will bring Rick and Ron out with their cameras to take some new pictures. So bring Rick and Ron I hope to play says Jane. Jane is my wife and the assistant editor who is only job it is to grammar check. Every so often she'll granteth one of her wonderful pictures. Usually it is a picture of me. Bowl of fatigued. Actually that was supposed to say Bon Apetite! ASSISTANT!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment